Winter Squash Pasta with Asparagus
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano basil or sage
- 3 cups butternut squash cut into small cubes
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2-3 cups chicken broth (for more protein use bone broth)
- 12 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus
- ¼ cup finely grated parmesan
- Chop onion and butternut squash and add olive oil to a large pan with a lid. Add onion and sautee until softened.
- Add oregano, salt, pepper and butternut squash. Stir to combine and pour in broth. Cover and bring to a simmer.
- In the meantime, wash and cut ends off of asparagus. Cut stalks into bite sized pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook to desired doneness.
- When squash is fork tender, transfer contents to a blender and blend until smooth. Return to the pan and keep covered with heat on low.
- Drain pasta and add to squash sauce. Toss in asparagus. Top with grated parmesan and serve.
Recipe by Jennifer Schlub.
Jennifer provides free LIVE cooking classes every Tuesday evening at 6:00 pm EST! Her classes focus on nutrition for pregnancy and each week she shows you how to create meals that ensure a healthy pregnancy for both you and your baby.
Sign up to get her weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/y9hcx9bh