This recipe is versatile as it is simple. The chicken can be served warm or cold as part of a salad or over rice and paired with sauteed veggies. We recommend eating warm the first night and then saving leftovers to create tasty salads for the next day.
Warm Summer Salad with Coconut Milk-Poached Chicken & Turmeric Dressing
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 4 inch piece of lemongrass If you can't find lemongrass, use the zest of one lemon
- 4 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 cup cilantro (plus extra for garnishing) chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 head red leaf or green leaf lettuce
- 4 radishes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Remove outer layers of lemongrass and crush it with the flat of your knife.
- Peel your ginger using the edge of a spoon and crush it as well.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine lemongrass with ginger, coconut milk, cilantro, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and add chicken. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and poach chicken, flipping half way through. Cook until done, about 12 minutes.
- Wash your lettuce, chop and add to bowls. Slice your radishes and add to salad.
- Remove chicken from poaching liquid when done and set aside to cool off. Add turmeric to poaching liquid and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes. Transfer dressing to bowl; chill if desired for a cold salad, or leave warm for a warm salad.
- Shred chicken with a fork and toss with a little of the poaching liquid. Top salads with chicken, extra herbs, and dressing as desired. Enjoy!
Recipe made by Ashley from The Wall Street Journal.