When shopping for eggs, look for eggs laid from pasture raised hens. This means they have eaten grass and insects, making their diet more diverse and eggs more nutritionally rich. The yolks will also be a beautiful golden color!
Sweet Potato Crush Quiche
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon grass fed butter
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup milk of your choice unsweetened if using non-dairy milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 large eggs from pasture raised hens
- 2 ounces cheese of your choice cheddar, swiss
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and thinly slice sweet potatoes on mandolin.
- Coat pie dish with melted butter and fill in bottom and sides with sweet potato slices. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and increase heat to 375 degrees.
- Sauté kale, onions and garlic. Add to a large mixing bowl and add eggs, milk salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Pour egg mixture in pie pan and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for another 35 minutes.
Recipe by Jennifer Schlub, adapted by Cooking Light.