Spinach & Ricotta Pesto Spaghetti Squash
- Cut squashes in half and place on microwave-safe plate. Drizzle on oil and sprinkle with salt and Italian seasoning over each half. Place in microwave and heat for 10 minutes. If you don't have a microwave, roast in a 350-degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Poach Eggs: Bring a pot of water to a gentle simmer and crack one egg into the water. Let cook for 1-2 minutes until white of egg is cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon, set aside and cook remaining eggs.
- Heat a skillet with a drizzle of oil and saute minced garlic and chopped spinach until wilted and tender. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside
- When squash is done, remove from microwave and let cool. Use a fork to scrape squash meat away from rind and into a big mixing bowl. Mix pesto, spinach and ricotta into squash until well combined.
- Add squash back into rinds and top with poached egg. Drizzle extra pesto on top and sprinkle with scallions if desired!
Recipe by Ashley Thomas. Ashley provides free LIVE cooking classes every Monday and Wednesday at 7:00 pm EST! If you’re looking for tips and recipes to help you better manage your blood sugar, then join Ashley in the kitchen. Sign up to get the weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/y9hcx9bh