Spinach, Feta & Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 bag spinach
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 15-oz cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- parsley (optional)
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives or any olive you like, pitted
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 lemon juiced
- Prick potatoes with a fork all over and cook the in the microwave for 10 minutes. Turn potatoes over half-way through.
- While potatoes cook, chop onion, olives, and garlic and saute in a large pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add chickpeas, oregano, and lemon juice and let simmer for a couple minutes.
- Add spinach and cook just for a few minutes, long enough to let spinach wilt.
- Remove potatoes from microwave and cut in half lengthwise (careful, they're hot!). Use a fork to loosen the flesh from the skin. Drizzle potatoes with olive oil and a sprinkle of feta. Top potatoes with chickpea mixture and finish with a little more feta and parsley. Enjoy!
Recipe by Ashley Thomas.
Ashley provides free LIVE cooking classes every Monday and Wednesday at 7:00 pm EST! If you’re looking for tips and recipes to help you better manage your blood sugar, then join Ashley in the kitchen.
Sign up to get the weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/y9hcx9bh