Spicy Cauliflower Power Bowls
The beauty of these bowls is that you can use ANY kind of ingredients. Just pick foods from each food group (vegetables, lean protein, wholesome carbohydrate, healthy fat) and throw on some fun toppings -- avocado, fresh or dried herbs, olive oil, vinegar, sauces, yogurt, diced scallion - the sky is the limit. What are you topping your bowls with?
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 large head cauliflower chopped
- 1 large bunch kale chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 15-ounce cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 cups whole wheat couscous
- 2 ripe avocados sliced
- 3 tablespoons sriracha or other hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- dash garlic powder and oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large bowl mix together sriracha (or whatever hot sauce you are using), 2 tablespoons olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper. Add chopped cauliflower and chickpeas to a bowl and toss until cauliflower florets and chickpeas are coated. Spread out cauliflower and chickpeas on a baking sheet and place into the oven for 20-25 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Following instructions on your package of couscous, bring water to a boil. Pour dry couscous, garlic powder, oregano, pinch of salt and drizzle of olive oil into boiling water. Stir, cover with a lid and turn off heat. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saute pan and add chopped kale and sliced garlic. Season with salt and pepper and saute until tender, about 7 minutes. Remove kale from pan and crack eggs into pan, cooking just until whites are set but yolks are still runny - a fried egg, if you will.
- Build Your bowls! Uncover couscous and use a fork to loosen and fluff. Place a bit of couscous into bowl, followed by cauliflower and chickpeas, kale, and finally, top with an egg. Add sliced avocado and drizzle with a bit of olive oil and vinegar. Enjoy!
Recipe by Ashley Thomas.
Ashley provides free LIVE cooking classes every Monday and Wednesday at 7:00 pm EST! If you’re looking for tips and recipes to help you better manage your blood sugar, then join Ashley in the kitchen.
Sign up to get the weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/y9hcx9bh