Spice Rubbed Salmon with Strawberry Basil Salsa and Roasted Zucchini
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 2 filets salmon wild caught, fresh or frozen
- 2 1/2 tablepoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablepoons avocado oil or other neutral tasting oil
- 2 cups strawberries
- ¼ cup red onion
- ½ cup basil
- ¼ cup mint
- 1 tablepoon red wine vinegar
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 jalapeno seeds and membranes removed
- 2 large zucchini
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix together spices and rub on salmon. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Wash and cube zucchini. Add to separate baking sheet and add to oven
- Make strawberry salsa by washing strawberries and cutting them into small cubes. Chop red onion, jalapeno, basil and mint. Add to mixing bowl with vinegar, lime juice, avocado oil and dash of salt.
- Remove salmon and zucchini from oven, top salmon with salsa and serve!
It’s OK to buy frozen salmon! I actually prefer to stock up on frozen salmon when I find wild caught available. That way I always have some on hand and it’s not stinking up my fridge for days!
Recipe by Jennifer Schlub