Smashed White Bean and Avocado Pitas and Peach Iced Tea
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 whole wheat pita 2oz.
- 1/3 avocado
- ½ cup reduced sodium white beans drained and rinsed, cannellini or great northern
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 roma tomato
- 2 small radishes
- 1 small stalk celery
- 1 green onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 ounces deli turkey
- Optional: sprouts like alfalfa or broccoli (for pita)
- Optional: fresh or dried herbs like basil (for pita) oregano, parsley, etc.
- 1 unsweetened iced peach black tea bag recommended: Pure Leaf
- Slice pita in half to make two pockets.
- Mash avocado, white beans, and lemon juice together.
- Small dice tomato, radishes, celery and onion, mix with olive oil. Optional, add herbs.
- Fill both pita halves with avocado bean mix, turkey, diced veggies, and sprouts (optional).
- Make iced tea according to package directions.
Recipe by Lindsey McCoy.
Lindsey provides free LIVE cooking classes on Facebook every Tuesday and Thursday at 12:30 pm EST! Her classes focus on nutrition for diabetes and each week she shows you how to make super quick, no-fuss meals that will help you manage your blood sugars.
Want to stay up to date with what Lindsey is cooking each week so you can participate in her classes? Sign up for our newsletter to get the weekly schedule: https://tinyurl.com/y9qkwmjb