Shitake Mushroom, Kale Ramen Bowl
- 2 green onions sliced (or more if desired)
- 2 cups Shitake mushrooms sliced
- 3 cups Lacinato kale leaves sliced
- 4 eggs soft boiled
- 1.5 teaspoons ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 6 cups vegetable broth (low sodium if needed)
- 3 packs ramen noodles
- Salt and Pepper
- splash low sodium soy sauce or liquid aminos
- Optional: sriracha for topping ramen
- Optional: sesame seeds for topping ramen
- In a dutch oven pot over medium high heat add olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add green onions, kale and mushrooms. Sauté until they just start to soften.
- Add in ginger, salt, pepper and chili garlic sauce. Quickly stir to combine and pour in vegetable stock.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and add in ramen noodles. Break up noodles and once they are cooked.
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add eggs, let them boil for 5 minutes. In the meantime, prepare an ice bath in a bowl. Remove the eggs after 5 minutes and add them to the ice water bath for about 1 minute to cool. Take them out of the ice water bath and set aside.
- Add a splash of soy sauce or liquid aminos to the ramen, stir and remove from the heat. Pour into individual bowls. Lightly crack and roll the eggs on a flat surface, peel, slice in half and place on top of your ramen. Drizzle with sriracha and top with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Recipe by Kathleen Oswalt.