Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken and Veggies
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 large head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 pound whole mushrooms halved
- 1 large zucchini sliced into half moons
- 1 pound baby potatoes halved
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¼ cup jarred pesto
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray one large and one small baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, toss potatoes and tomatoes with 1 tablespoon oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer on the small baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- In the same bowl, toss broccoli, mushrooms and zucchini with remaining oil. Spread in an even layer on the large baking sheet. In the same bowl toss chicken pieces with pesto and add to the large baking sheet.
- Once the potatoes have roasted for 20 minutes, remove to stir and place back in the oven along with the veggies and chicken. Roast both baking sheets for another 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken reaches 165°F and the veggies are fork tender. Note* Check the chicken and veggies tray after about 10 minutes and drain off excess liquid if necessary.
- Serve this meal immediately or portion into individual storage containers.
You can jazz up your pesto by stirring in some extra garlic or pureed sun-dried tomatoes.
Recipe by Lindsey McCoy.
Lindsey provides free LIVE cooking classes every Tuesday and Thursday at 12:30 pm EST! Her classes focus on nutrition for diabetes and each week she shows you how to make super quick lunches for one that will help you manage your blood sugar.
Sign up to get her weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/ycc8hwvr