Sesame Crusted Salmon Cakes with Asian Slaw
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2 cans salmon packed in water
- 1/2 cup onion grated, divided into 2 - 1/4 cups
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 bunch scallions sliced
- 1 eggs
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teapoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 leaves kale thinly sliced
- 1 cup purple cabbage shredded or thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrot shredded or thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame thawed
- Make the Slaw: Add your cabbage, 1/4 cup grated onion, 1/2 cup scallion, carrot and kale to a large bowl with edamame.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together ingredients for dressing until well combined. Pour dressing over slaw and toss slaw to coat evenly. Let sit while you make the salmon cakes, flipping/mixing periodically.
- Into another large bowl, add salmon, egg, 1/4 cup grated onion, 1/4 cup scallion, ginger and a dash of salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and shape into patties. Roll patties in sesame seeds to coat.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook patties on each side until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove and serve with slaw. Drizzle extra dressing over patties if desired.
Recipe by Ashley Thomas.
Ashley provides free LIVE cooking classes every Monday and Wednesday at 7:00 pm EST! If you’re looking for tips and recipes to help you better manage your blood sugar, then join Ashley in the kitchen.
Sign up to get the weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/y9hcx9bh