Take this virtual cooking class in the comfort of your own kitchen! Get out your ingredients and join the class here: Sea Scallop Virtual Cooking Class
Sea Scallops with Butternut Squash & Spinach
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1 bag (6 cups) spinach
- 1 stalk scallion
- 2 cups frozen butternut squash
- 1/2 pound sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chicken base or 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Add onion, garlic, butternut squash, stock and garam masala to a pot and bring to a simmer. Cook until squash are tender and puree using a blender, or mashing with a fork.
- Add olive oil to a skillet and sear scallops, about 2-3 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove scallops and cook spinach in same pan. Season with a sprinkle of salt and cook just until wilted.
- Serve scallops atop butternut squash puree with a side of spinach.
Recipe by Ashley Thomas. Ashley provides free LIVE cooking classes every Monday and Wednesday at 7:00 pm EST! If you’re looking for tips and recipes to help you better manage your blood sugar, then join Ashley in the kitchen. Sign up to get the weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/y9hcx9bh