Salmon with Miso Green Beans over Brown Rice
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 8 ounces frozen salmon thawed; ideally, 2 4-oz filets (or any fish you have on hand/or that you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1-2 tablespoons miso paste found in the international aisle of your grocery store, or a specialty Asian store
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup brown rice
- Salt and pepper
- Follow cooking instructions on your package of brown rice.
- Trim ends of green beans if needed.
- Heat skillet with 1/2 tablespoon oil. Mince garlic and add to pan, cooking just until garlic becomes aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add green beans and saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add miso past and 1/2 cup of water and stir paste into water until is dissolves completley. Cook green beans for another 3-4 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Remove green beans and add salmon to same pan, flesh side down. Add 1/4 cup water and use a spatula to scrape the sides of the pan, releasing any bits of miso paste into the water. Stir well and cook salmon 3 minutes per side.
- Serve salmon with green beans and brown rice and enjoy.
Recipe by Ashley Thomas.
Ashley provides free LIVE cooking classes every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday at 7:00 pm EST! Her classes focus on helping you find balance in a diet-obsessed world. Each week she shows you how to make quick, no-fuss, balanced meals that nourish your body while sprinkling in tips to help you eat more intuitively so you that you never have to diet again.
Want to stay up to date with what Ashley is cooking each week so you can participate in her classes? Sign up for our newsletter to get the weekly schedule: https://tinyurl.com/y9qkwmjb