Salmon Kale Caesar Salad
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 15 ounces canned chickpeas
- 2 filets salmon 4 ounces each
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 lemons juiced
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread chickpeas on baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes until golden. Set aside.
- In a blender add dressing ingredients and blend until it reaches a thick consistency - much like what Caesar dressing looks like.
- De-stem kale by holding the bottom of the stem with one hand, and use the other hand to strip the kale off the its stem by sliding your hand from bottom to top. Chop or tear leaves into bite-sized peices.
- Place kale leaves into a mixing bowl with juice from 1 lemon and salt. Use hands to massage kale so that the lemon and salt start to break down the fiber in the kale, about 2-3 minutes.
- Toss kale with Caesar dressing to evenly coat. Divvy up into bowls and top with chickpeas and parmesan (if using).
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and cook salmon 3-4 minutes per side or until you reach desired doneness. Place salmon on top of salad and enjoy.
Recipe by Ashley Thomas.
Ashley provides free LIVE cooking classes every week on Facebook and YouTube!