Roasted Salmon Bowls with Almond Butter Dressing
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 bunch kale chopped, with stems
- 2 stalks scallion chopped
- 1 acorn squash or 1 package (fresh or frozen) pre-chopped squash
- 4 filets salmon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place pre-chopped squash on a lined baking sheet, or if using whole squash: peel squash with vegetable peeler, cut squash in half, scoop out seeds, and chop squash into small pieces.
- Toss squash with olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle salmon filets with salt and pepper. Place onto baking sheet with squash once squash has been cooking for 15 minutes. Salmon and squash should finish cooking at the same time.
- Make the tahini dressing by mixing together 1/2 cup tahini, juice from 1 lemon, 1-2 teaspoons soy sauce, and 2 teaspoons maple syrup. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon oil. Add kale and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Place kale into bottom of bowls and top with squash. Crumble salmon on top and drizzle on dressing. Garnish with scallion and enjoy!
Recipe by Ashley Thomas.
Ashley provides free LIVE cooking classes every Monday and Wednesday at 7:00 pm EST! If you’re looking for tips and recipes to help you better manage your blood sugar, then join Ashley in the kitchen.
Sign up to get the weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/y9hcx9bh