Eating with Diabetes has never been so satisfying. You’ll be amazed at how quickly this dish comes together and how gourmet it tastes. This recipe uses simple ingredients to put a well-balanced meal on the table that is sure to have a favorable effect on your blood sugar. Diabetes or not, everyone can enjoy this healthy meal.
Roasted Delicata Squash & Chicken over Greens
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 lemon
- 4 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 Delicata squash
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries look for no sugar added if possible
- 2 skinless chicken thighs preferably about 3-4 ounces per thigh
- 1 tablespoon canola oil divided
- 1 cup chicken stock
- cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Slice both your squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Then slice one of the squash into half-moon shapes and place on a lined baking sheet. Leave the other squash as is (we will roast this one tonight to use in the Pasta with Squash Sauce recipe later this week). Drizzle both with 1/2 tablespoon canola oil, salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet on medium heat and add chicken. Season with fresh cracked pepper and cook 4 minutes on first side. Flip chicken and add lemon juice, chicken stock and cranberries. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Place spinach in bowls and top with the following (per serving): 1-2 cups squash and 1 chicken thigh. Pour remaining sauce with cranberries over the top and let heat wilt spinach. Enjoy!
*Use the leftover squash for Wednesday's Broccoli Pasta with Creamy Squash Sauce.
Recipe by Ashley Thomas.
Ashley provides free LIVE cooking classes every Monday and Wednesday at 7:00 pm EST! If you’re looking for tips and recipes to help you better manage your blood sugar, then join Ashley in the kitchen.
Sign up to get the weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/y9hcx9bh