Red Coconut Curry Meatball Bowl
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 pound meatballs
- 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 14 ounce package shredded cole slaw mix
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch salt
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower rice (you can use frozen steam-in-microwave options for convenience)
- For the sauce, in a large skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat. Saute onion for 3-4 minutes until translucent; add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add the coconut milk and curry paste, bring to a low boil and reduce to a simmer. Add the meatballs, cover, and simmer until warmed through, stirring as needed. Finish the sauce by stirring in the lime juice.
- For the salad, mix cole slaw and cilantro in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients before drizzling over the cole slaw and mixing thoroughly.
- Mix the brown rice and cauliflower rice together.
- To serve, portion out 1 cup of the rice mixture and 1 cup of the cabbage salad into a shallow bowl, and top with 4-5 meatballs and about 1/4 cup of the sauce. Top with desired garnishes. Enjoy!
Recipe by Lindsey McCoy.
Lindsey provides free LIVE cooking classes every Tuesday and Thursday at 12:30 pm EST! Her classes focus on nutrition for diabetes and each week she shows you how to make super quick lunches for one that will help you manage your blood sugar.
Sign up to get her weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/ycc8hwvr