Quick Skillet Granola
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds or other nut
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat butter and maple syrup in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until butter is melted. Careful not to burn the maple syrup!
- Stir in sunflower seeds, oats, cinnamon and flax seed and cook, stirring and tossing with a spoon, until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Spread granola evenly on a large sheet of foil to cool.
Granola keeps in an airtight container at room temperature 1 week.