Those late night munchies are real! Whether you’re a natural night owl, baby is keeping you up or you need a little something to munch on before bed, pick a snack with fiber. Raw fruit and veggies are always a good choice but sometimes we just want more! Try popping your own popcorn and making seasonings from scratch. You will save lots of sodium and reap the benefits of the herbs and spices in your own spice rack.
Follow us on Facebook so you know when we go LIVE!
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- ¼ cup Popcorn kernels not microwaveable bags
- 2-3 tablespoon high heat oil like coconut or avocado oil enough oil to coat the bottom of a large pot
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast look for powder instead of flakes if you can find it
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- dash cumin
- ¼ cup pecans chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- dash ground clove
- Light drizzle pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Herb and Garlic
- Bring a large pot with a lid to medium-high heat, add oil.
- Add desired servings of kernels to pot and cover. Watch closely and remove from stove when kernels are no longer popping rapidly. Be careful not to burn.
- Assemble seasonings in small bowls and sprinkle desired seasoning on popped corn.
Recipe by Jennifer Schlub.
Jennifer provides free LIVE cooking classes every Tuesday evening at 6:00 pm EST! Her classes focus on nutrition for pregnancy and each week she shows you how to create meals that ensure a healthy pregnancy for both you and your baby.
Sign up to get her weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/y9hcx9bh