Peanut Baked Tofu over Thai Noodles
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 0.5 tablespoon sesame oil plus extra for seasoning noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili flake
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 8 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 stalks scallion chopped
- 1 cup purple cabbage shredded
- 2 carrots thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 cups spinach
- 6 ounces rice noodles
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 cup cilantro
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and cut tofu into bite-sized pieces.
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients and toss with tofu. Spread tofu out on lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil and pour over rice noodles. Let sit in water until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain, toss with a little sesame oil and lime juice and set aside.
- Heat 0.5 tablespoon sesame oil in a large saute pan and saute scallion.
- Add carrot, cabbage and garlic and saute until veggies are tender, about 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook just until it begins to wilt. Remove from heat and add sesame seeds and peanuts.
- Split noodles between two bows and top with veggies, tofu, and cilantro. Enjoy!
Recipe by Ashley Thomas.