One-Pot Zoodles & Meatballs
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 24 ounces jar marinara sauce (3 cups)
- 1 pound precooked meatballs (meat or vegetarian) thawed if frozen
- 6 pounds medium zucchini or 2 1/4 pounds pre-spiralized zucchini
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the marinara sauce and meatballs and stir to combine. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the meatballs are heated through and the sauce is slightly thicker, 12 to 15 minutes. While the meatballs are simmering, spiralize the zucchini.
- Add the spiralized zucchini and cook, tossing the noodles often in the sauce, until the zucchini just starts to soften, about 5 minutes. (The zoodles will look dry in the beginning, but will eventually release a lot of water that thins out the sauce.) Serve immediately, topped with Parmesan cheese.
Adapted from The Kitchn by Ashley Thomas.