Chickpea Waldorf Salad
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed, 14 ounce
- 2 medium celery ribs chopped
- 1 small apple cored and diced
- 1 cup grapes halved
- ¼ cup green or red onion finely diced
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- 9 large lettuce leaves
- In a medium bowl whisk the yogurt, vinegar, and mustard with a pinch of salt and pepper to make the dressing.
- Gently fold in the remaining ingredients (except the lettuce leaves) to make the Waldorf salad. Divide onto lettuce leaves to serve.
You can serve this with a protein-rich side like a cheese stick or steamed edamame to round out the meal a bit more.
Recipe by Lindsey McCoy.
Lindsey provides free LIVE cooking classes every Tuesday and Thursday at 12:30 pm EST! Her classes focus on nutrition for diabetes and each week she shows you how to make super quick lunches for one that will help you manage your blood sugar.
Sign up to get her weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/ycc8hwvr
hello! i am trying to sign up for the weekly diabetes class and the link goes nowhere. Is this still available?
Hi there! We’ve made all our classes on-demand which you can find here on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ49ynWK0wVv-8guJp-1o1A?view_as=subscriber