Mustard Maple Chicken with Roasted Brussel Sprouts & Apples
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2 cups brussel sprouts
- 2 4 ounce skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary divided (half for veggies and half for chicken)
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- pinch Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Quarter Brussels sprouts and lay onto a lined baking sheet. Core apple and slice apple into similarly sized pieces as Brussels sprouts.
- Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon canola oil over sptouts and apples and toss with 1/2 tablespoon rosemary, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place into oven and roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat and add 1/2 tablespoon canola oil. Place chicken in pan and let cook 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together dijon, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and 1/2 tablespoon rosemary. Pour into pan with chicken and flip chicken, allowing it to cook another 5 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve chicken with Brussels Sprouts and apples and enjoy.
Recipe by Ashley Thomas.
Ashley provides free LIVE cooking classes every Monday and Wednesday at 7:00 pm EST! If you’re looking for tips and recipes to help you better manage your blood sugar, then join Ashley in the kitchen.
Sign up to get the weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/y9hcx9bh
This sounds amazing! I have to try it.