Mushroom, Bok Choy, Tofu Stir Fry over Barley
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1.5 cups barley
- 1 package mushrooms chopped
- 1 head bok choy chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 package extra firm tofu chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds optional
- Cook 1.5 cups Barley according to package instructions. Cook in vegetable stock for additional flavor.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil.
- Add chopped tofu to skillet with 1/2 tablespoon garlic and 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Saute until tofu turns a light golden brown on each side. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, add remaining 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil with mushrooms, bok choy and remaining 1/2 tablespoon garlic.
- Add soy sauce and continue to cook, stirring frequently until veggies are soft, about 4-5 minutes. Add a little water or stock if veggies look dry.
- Turn the heat off, add the tofu into the vegetables and mix together. Serve over barley and enjoy.
Recipe by Ashley Thomas.
Ashley provides free LIVE cooking classes every Monday and Wednesday at 7:00 pm EST! If you’re looking for tips and recipes to help you better manage your blood sugar, then join Ashley in the kitchen.
Sign up to get the weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/y9hcx9bh