Mediterranean Chicken & Veggies with Orzo
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup whole wheat orzo
- 1 large tomato chopped (or 1 can diced tomatoes)
- 1 can artichoke hearts chopped
- 1 head kale (or any vegetable)
- 1/4 cup black or kalamata olives
- 2 lemons juiced
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add orzo. Cook according to package instuctions. Drain and return to pot. Drizzle in a little olive oil and juice from one lemon.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Add chicken thighs and lightly season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes on first side, flip, and add juice from last lemon.
- Add chopped kale, tomatoes, olives and artichokes. Let cook along with chicken until chicken is cooked thoroughly. If pan looks a little dry, add 1/4 cup of water or stock.
- Serve chicken and vegetables over orzo and enjoy.
Recipe by Ashley Thomas.
Ashley provides free LIVE cooking classes!