Another grab-and-go lunch to make eating well with Diabetes a cinch! Be sure to check out Lindsey’s other Bistro Box to keep your lunch game interesting. These Bistro Boxes are packed with fiber, protein and healthy fats to keep your energy levels up throughout the afternoon and thus your blood sugar at a healthy level. Let us know if you make these Bistro Boxes – tag us on social media with #cookwithmetv!
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- ½ medium red bell pepper sliced
- 1 small English cucumber sliced
- 2 Wasa crispbread
- 3 tablespoons hummus
- 2 prunes
- 2 ounces roasted chicken sliced
- 5 marinated olives
- 1 Ghirardelli chocolate square
- Optional: lemon juice, lemon zest, dill, ground pepper, salt
- If desired, toss cucumber with any optional seasonings to punch up the flavor.
- Arrange bell pepper, cucumbers, chicken, olives, and hummus in a lunch container (or multiple if needed). Keep crispbread and prunes separate to avoid them getting soggy. Pack the chocolate square on its own.
If you’re roasting your own chicken, rub chicken breasts with a bit of oil and seasonings, and bake in a 400°F oven for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165°F.
Recipe by Lindsey McCoy.
Lindsey provides free LIVE cooking classes every Tuesday and Thursday at 12:30 pm EST! Her classes focus on nutrition for diabetes and each week she shows you how to make super quick lunches for one that will help you manage your blood sugar.
Sign up to get her weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/ycc8hwvr