Kale & Acorn Squash Beef Stew
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 32 ounces bone broth (or any stock)
- 3 cups acorn squash, cubed you can use any squash you like; for faster prep, buy pre-cubed frozen squash
- 1/2 bunch kale
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large soup pot to medium-high and brown stew meat on all sides. Don't cook it all the way through. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pot, add onion, carrot and celery and saute for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cubed squash and saute for another 2-3 minutes. If using a whole fresh squash, heat squash in the microwave for 1 minute to make it easier to cut into. Cut in half and scoop out the seeds. Use a vegetable peeler to peel the green rind off of each squash half. Cut into strips, then cube.
- Add stock and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, add kale and meat and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until beef is cooked. Be carefeul not to overcook the beef as it will become tough and chewy.
Recipe by Ashley Thomas.
Ashley provides free LIVE cooking classes every Monday and Wednesday at 7:00 pm EST! If you’re looking for tips and recipes to help you better manage your blood sugar, then join Ashley in the kitchen.
Sign up to get the weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/y9hcx9bh