Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Burrito Bowls
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 white onion sliced
- 6 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups Cilantro Lime Brown Rice *see notes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups tomato salsa
- Salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder
- Place chicken breasts in the Instant Pot and cover with salsa. Set to Manual High pressure and cook for 8 minutes (12-15 minutes if frozen, depending on size). Once finished, quick release the pressure and shred chicken.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers and onion and season with salt, black pepper, cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder. Note* let loose and sprinkle the seasonings over the veggies until they’re speckled and smelling fragrant. Saute veggies until they’re tender and slightly charred in spots.
- Divide up romaine lettuce between 4 bowls (or storage containers) and top with the Cilantro Lime Rice, black beans, sautéed veggies and shredded chicken (to shred chicken quickly, use a hand mixer set to a low speed). Top with any desired garnishes.
Recipe by Lindsey McCoy.
Lindsey provides free LIVE cooking classes every Tuesday and Thursday at 12:30 pm EST! Her classes focus on nutrition for diabetes and each week she shows you how to make super quick lunches for one that will help you manage your blood sugar.
Sign up to get her weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/ycc8hwvr