Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwich
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 chicken breasts cooked, shredded (about 2-3 cups)
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni or other small shaped pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Chop onion, celery, carrots, garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme. Sautee in olive oil in the bottom of a large soup pot until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add in broth and water.
- Shred pre-cooked chicken and add to pot. Also add in uncooked pasta and bring to a boil.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter and brush on bread. Add bread to a heated skillet over medium to medium high heat. Add cheese and top with remaining slice of bread. Flip after 3-4 minutes.
- To finish off the soup, add in peas and lemon juice when pasta is tender.
- Serve 1 bowl with ½ sandwich. Enjoy!
Recipe by Jennifer Schlub.
Jennifer provides free LIVE cooking classes every Tuesday evening at 6:00 pm EST! Her classes focus on nutrition for pregnancy and each week she shows you how to create meals that ensure a healthy pregnancy for both you and your baby.
Sign up to get her weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/y9hcx9bh