Chickpea Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Greens
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 bunch cooking greens (chard, kale, collards, mustard greens, spinach, etc) chopped
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup jarred pesto
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Cut squash in half and place on microwave-safe plate. Drizzle on canola oil and sprinkle Italian seasoning over each half. Place in microwave and heat for 10 minutes. If you don't have a microwave, roast in a 350-degree oven for 30 minutes.
- While squash cooks, heat a skillet with a drizzle of canola oil and saute minced garlic and chopped greens until wilted and tender. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add chickpeas and cook a few more minutes until they are heated through.
- When squash is done, remove from microwave and let cool. Use a fork to scrape squash meat away from rind and into a big mixing bowl. Mix pesto into squash until well combined.
- Add pesto squash back into rinds and top with greens, chickpeas and goat cheese. Drizzle extra pesto on top if desired!
Recipe by Ashley Thomas.
Ashley provides free LIVE cooking classes every Monday and Wednesday at 7:00 pm EST! If you’re looking for tips and recipes to help you better manage your blood sugar, then join Ashley in the kitchen.
Sign up to get the weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/y9hcx9bh