Freezer Friendly Southwestern Breakfast Burrito
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 small onion chopped, about 1/4 cup
- 1 small bell pepper chopped, about 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 high fiber tortilla wrap
- 1 medium banana about 7” long
- 2 large eggs scrambled
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded Mexican cheese
- salt, pepper, and cumin; or a Southwest spice blend
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions, sprinkle with salt, pepper and cumin, and saute until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs and gently stir to form soft curds. Before eggs are fully set, stir in cheese.
- Put egg scramble onto the tortilla, top with salsa, and wrap into a burrito.
- Serve with banana on the side.
If you’re planning on making extras to freeze for later, let the egg scramble cool down before wrapping into the tortillas, and leave the salsa out until you’re ready to serve them.
Recipe by Lindsey McCoy.
Lindsey provides free LIVE cooking classes every Tuesday and Thursday at 12:30 pm EST! Her classes focus on nutrition for diabetes and each week she shows you how to make super quick lunches for one that will help you manage your blood sugar.
Sign up to get her weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/ycc8hwvr