Falafel Pitas with Coriander Yogurt Sauce
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 cup Ziyad Brand Falafel Mix (or your favorite mix; ideally with minimal ingredients that you can read and understand)
- 1 Fresh whole wheat pizza dough ball (check your grocery bakery)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup Jarred pickled veggies (peppers, onions, kimchi, etc)
- 1 cup romaine
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Let your dough sit out at room temp while you prep the falafel and yogurt sauce. Follow falafel instructions to add water to mix, and let sit. (You can prepare your falafel mix ahead of time - in the morning - so you don't have to wait around before cooking it.)
- Make yogurt sauce by combining yogurt, cumin, coriander, cilantro, lemon and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Cut dough into 4 equal parts and roll each part out on a floured surface into a circle shape, about 1/4-1/2 inch thickness. Heat large saute pan on medium heat and add 1 teaspoon oil. Place dough circles into pan and cook about 3-4 minutes each side. Let cool, and slice circle open leaving half of the pita intact on one side.
- Add canola oil into pan and bring to medium-high heat. Shape falafel mix into rounded patties and drop into oil, cooking each side about 5 minutes. Let rest on paper-towel covered plate. Build your pitas and ebjoy!