Chicken & Sweet Potato Stir Fry with Miso Soup
Stir Fry’s are an easy way to hit all the food groups for a tasty and nutritious meal. Choose a protein (chicken, beef, pork, fish, tofu, beans), a carbohydrate (rice, sweet potatoes, noodles) and add some veggies with sauce and your good to go. We love pairing this with miso soup but it's optional.
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 sheet nori (dried seaweed)
- 2 stalks scallion sliced
- 1 small head broccoli chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1 large sweet potato chopped
- 1/2 pound chicken (thighs or breast) chopped into bite-sized peices
- 3 tablespoon miso paste
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flake
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- Heat water in a pot over high heat and add nori. Let simmer while you chop the veggies and chicken and prep the stir-fry.
- Heat skillet to medium heat and add sesame oil. Add chopped sweet potato and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken, soy sauce and red chili flake and cook for another 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Finally, add the broccoli and cook for 3 minutes, or until tender but not mushy.
- Add scallion and miso paste to water and whisk until combined. Serve with stir fry and enjoy!
*If things are looking dry, add a splash of water during any point in the sautéing process.
Recipe by Ashley Thomas.
Ashley provides free LIVE cooking classes every Monday and Wednesday at 7:00 pm EST! If you’re looking for tips and recipes to help you better manage your blood sugar, then join Ashley in the kitchen.
Sign up to get the weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/y9hcx9bh
Why isn’t there any nutrition information, such as carbs, and sugar and sodium listed?
Hi Chris – We encourage using the “Balanced Plate Method” over calorie/number counting because it is a more sustainable approach to eating well in the long term. Have you watched any of our cooking shows yet? We host 5 shows weekly and talk about this method on every show. Come join us! –> https://www.facebook.com/cookwithmeTV/