Deconstructed Fish Tacos
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil or grass fed butter
- 1 pound fish of choice cod, halibut, salmon
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 limes
- 1 orange
- 6-8 cups salad greens the darker green the better
- 1 cup fermented veggie (sauerkraut, pickled red onion, pickled beets)
- ½ yellow onion
- 1 Handful cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado ripe
- Sour cream (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- Hot Sauce (optional)
- Melt butter or coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Season both sides of the fish with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and garlic. Add fish to heated skillet and cook until opaque and flakey.
- When finished cooking, remove fish and top with zest from limes and orange and juice from one of the limes.
- Wash and chop greens, onion and cilantro. Cut up avocado. Assemble salad.
Recipe by Jennifer Schlub.
Jennifer provides free LIVE cooking classes on Facebook every Tuesday evening at 6:00 pm EST! Her classes focus on nutrition for pregnancy and each week she shows you how to create meals that ensure a healthy pregnancy for both mom and baby.
Want to stay up to date with what Jennifer is cooking each week so you can participate in her classes? Sign up for our newsletter to get the weekly schedule: https://tinyurl.com/y9qkwmjb