Curried Cauliflower Soup with Shrimp
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 head cauliflower chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 32 ounces chicken or vegetable broth
- 15 ounces canned white beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pound shrimp
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 stalks scallion chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Toss chopped cauliflower with 1/2 the oil, the curry powder and a dash of salt and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat and saute onion, garlic and celery until soft. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Add stock and coconut milk to veggies and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add shrimp and cook just until done, about 3-4 minutes. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add cauliflower and beans to stock and turn off heat. Use an immerson blender or regular blender to puree soup.
- Dish out soup into bowls and top with shrimp and sliced scallions.
Recipe by Ashley Thomas.
Ashley provides free LIVE cooking classes every Monday and Wednesday at 7:00 pm EST! If you’re looking for tips and recipes to help you better manage your blood sugar, then join Ashley in the kitchen.
Sign up to get the weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/y9hcx9bh