Crispy Zucchini Summer Tacos with Chipotle Sauce
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 6 corn tortilla
- 2 zucchini sliced in half widthwise and then quartered
- 2 corn cob corn cut off the cob
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 stalks scallion chopped
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 cup unsweetened plain greek yogurt
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce minced
- 2 lime juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl and combine panko, pinch of salt and chili powder in another shallow bowl.
- One by one, dip zucchini quarters into egg adn then coat with panko. Place on baking sheet and bake in over for 20 minutes.
- While zucchini bakes, combine corn, black beans, scallion, cilantro, pinch of salt, and juice from 1 lime in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together yogurt, chipotle pepper, juice from 1 lime and set aside.
- When zucchini is done, build tacos by layering on arugula, zucchini, corn and black beans, chipotle yogurt sauce and garnish with extra cilantro.
Recipe by Ashley Thomas, inspired by Half Baked Harvest.