Creamy Ricotta Pasta Salad
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 head broccoli chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 bag spinach
- 1 cup green peas frozen
- 3 stalks scallion whites and greens, chopped
- 2 cups ricotta cheese part-skim or whole milk (your choice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 lemon juiced, and zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh basil chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Chop your broccoli and scallion and set aside.
- Make the sauce: Add all sauce ingredients into a large bowl and whisk. Add water or extra lemon juice if needed; consistency should be thin enough to easily pour onto pasta but still thick enough to coat each ingredient.
- With a few minutes remaining on the boiling pasta, add broccoli, peas, spinach and scallion to pasta and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Immediatley drain pasta and veggie mixture into a colander and rinse with cold water to prevent veggies from cooking any longer.
- Add sauce to pasta and toss until well coated. Refrigerate and add water as needed if it drys out.
Recipe by Ashley Thomas.