Caesar Salad with White Beans and Sweet Potato Fries
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup mayo or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1½ tsp salt divided between dressing and fries
- 1 large bunch kale or collard greens
- 1 can white beans rinsed and drained
- Parmesan for topping
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2-3 Tbps olive oil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Wash potatoes and cut evenly into fry size strips. Drizzle on olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss around with your hands to ensure they are evenly coated. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- White fries are baking, make the dressing by mixing together the avocado, water, mayo, lemon juice, mustard and ½ tsp salt in a food processor until smooth.
- Wash kale and cut into ribbons or bite sized pieces. Rinse and drain white beans
- Reserve a small portion of the dressing if desired to use for dipping fries. Toss kale and white beans in dressing. Remove fries from oven, let cool for a few minutes and serve.
Recipe by Jennifer Schlub.
Jennifer provides free LIVE cooking classes every Tuesday evening at 6:00 pm EST! Her classes focus on nutrition for pregnancy and each week she shows you how to create meals that ensure a healthy pregnancy for both you and your baby.
Sign up to get her weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/y9hcx9bh