Blackened Salmon Tacos with Red Cabbage & Avocado Crema
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 8 ounces salmon from fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon blackened seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup purple cabbage shredded
- 1/2 onion
- 2 stalks scallion
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plain greek yogurt
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 2 cups arugula
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Sprinkle spices on top of fish so that flesh is mostly covered. Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a saute pan and add fish spice-side down. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through.
- While fish cooks, thinly slice cabbage, onion, and scallion.
- To a blender add yogurt, avocado, lime juice, salt and cilantro. Blend until smooth and season with extra salt if needed.
- When fish is done, break it up using a fork.
- Start building tacos by adding arugula and topping with salmon, cabbage, onion, avocado crema and cilantro.
Recipe by Ashley Thomas.