Berry Yogurt Parfait with 5 Minutes Granola
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1½ teaspoons maple syrup
- Lean Proteins
- ¾ cup unsweetened plain greek yogurt non-fat
- Healthy Fats
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, etc.)
- 1½ teaspoons butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- In a bowl, layer the berries and yogurt.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat and melt butter and maple syrup together. Add oats, nuts, cinnamon and salt, stir to coat and cook until fragrant and oats and nuts start to turn golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Top parfait with granola to serve.
If you’re packing this to-go, layer the berries and yogurt in a container with a tight fitting lid, and pack the granola separately to keep it crunchy. Recipe by Lindsey McCoy. Lindsey provides free LIVE cooking classes every Tuesday and Thursday at 12:30 pm EST! Her classes focus on nutrition for diabetes and each week she shows you how to make super quick lunches for one that will help you manage your blood sugar. Sign up to get her weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/ycc8hwvr