Barley Risotto Cakes with Roasted Broccoli
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1.5 cups cooked risotto *(leftover from Barley Risotto with Eggs & Greens recipe)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 eggs
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano or 1/4 cup fresh oregano
- 2 tablepoons olive oil
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 teaspoon red chili flake
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Chop broccoli (stems and all) into bite sized peices and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and red chili flake.
- Place onto baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes.
- Add leftover risotto to a bowl and mix together with egg, panko and oregano. Shape in to patties.
- Heat a skillet with some olive oil and cook patties about 4 minutes each side until brown and crispy.
- Serve patties with a side of broccoli and a squeeze of lemon.
Recipe by Ashley Thomas.