Ashley's Cobb Salad
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
- 4 eggs
- 6 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 small head of romaine lettuce
- 2 cups baby kale or other dark leafy green
- 1 large tomato
- 2 avocados
- 8 ounces blue cheese
- 3 stalks scallion
- 1 can white beans drained and rinsed
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Gently slide your eggs in and boil for 9 minutes for a fully cooked egg (not overcooked, but definitely not undercooked).
- Add bacon to a lined baking sheet and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy. Remove bacon and let cool. Once cool, crumble and set aside.
- Make dressing by mixing together olive oil, vinegar and mustard. Set aside.
- Chop your lettuces, tomato, avocado, and scallions, shred your cabbage, and slice your eggs.
- Divvy up lettuces and cabbage among bowls and toss to combine. Top with vegetables, beans, eggs, cheese, and bacon. Drizzle with dressing and enjoy.
Recipe by Ashley Thomas.
Ashley provides free LIVE cooking classes every Monday and Thursday at 7:00 pm EST! If you’re looking for tips and recipes to help you better manage your blood sugar, then join Ashley in the kitchen.
Sign up to get the weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/y9hcx9bh