Broccoli Pasta with Meatballs
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1½ ounces whole grain pasta about 1/3 cup dry
- 3 ounces cooked meatballs thawed if frozen
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning Optional: Parmesan cheese, basil
- Boil 2 quarts water in a medium pot. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Add broccoli 2 minutes before pasta is finished. Drain pasta and broccoli when finished.
- In a small saucepan, heat meatballs in tomato sauce with olive oil and Italian seasoning until warmed through.
- Serve pasta and broccoli topped with meatballs and sauce. Top with any optional add-ons.
This recipe can be scales up to a larger portion by adding another serving of nonstarchy veggies. Try sauteing onions or mushrooms with the meatballs, or adding frozen carrots along with the broccoli.
Recipe by Lindsey McCoy.
Lindsey provides free LIVE cooking classes every Tuesday and Thursday at 12:30 pm EST! Her classes focus on nutrition for diabetes and each week she shows you how to make super quick lunches for one that will help you manage your blood sugar.
Sign up to get her weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/ycc8hwvr