Cheesy chicken, broccoli, and cauliflower rice
Click the shopping cart icon to add several recipes to your shopping list. You can access your shopping list in the main menu.
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 12 ounces frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 medium head broccoli cut into florets (about 3 ½ cups)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup 2% milk
- 4 medium apples
- ¾ pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 teaspoons oil divided
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup vegetable or chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- Cook frozen riced cauliflower according to package directions.*
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a 12” skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper then cook for 5-7 minutes total while turning pieces so all sides are browned, and pieces are cooked through to 165°F. Transfer chicken to a plate and let rest.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil and saute broccoli for 3-4 minutes until tender. Transfer to plate with chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium and melt butter the same skillet (or a separate, small saucepan if desired). Saute garlic for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add flour and whisk until evenly combined and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in stock, then slowly whisk in milk and season with pepper. Cook until mixture reaches a simmer and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted.
- Portion out approximately 1 cup riced cauliflower and 1 cup chicken and broccoli mixture in each bowl. Top with a generous ¼ cup cheese sauce. Serve with apple on the side.
*Lindsey is using “Green Giant Riced Veggies Cauliflower” and will be following the microwave directions.
Recipe by Lindsey McCoy.
Lindsey provides free LIVE cooking classes every Tuesday and Thursday at 12:30 pm EST! Her classes focus on nutrition for diabetes and each week she shows you how to make super quick lunches for one that will help you manage your blood sugar.
Sign up to get her weekly class schedule: https://tinyurl.com/ycc8hwvr