Salmon Risotto with Greens
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 8 ounces salmon
- 1 lemon
- 4 cups kale chopped (any green you like will work)
- 1/4 cup parmesean cheese
- black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and saute onion and garlic just until fragrant.
- Add rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add 1 cup of stock, stir and cover with a lid. Let the rice absorb all the liquid and then add another cup of stock, cover and cook. Repeat these steps until you have used all the stock and the rice is tender.
- Season salmon with a little salt, pepper, and lemon juice and cook flesh side down in separate skillet over medium heat. Flip to cook on other side, cooking each side about 4 minutes.
- Remove salmon from pan and flake with a fork.
- Saute garlic in the same pan you used for the salmon and add the chopped kale (or whatever green you're using). Cook until tender and season with salt and pepper.
- When risotto is finished cooking, turn off heat and fold in flaked salmon. Serve with greens on top. Enjoy!
Recipe by Ashley Thomas.