Loaded Greek Nachos
Didn't think nachos could fit into a healthy lifestyle? Think again! These nachos are loaded with vegetables, healthy fats and lean proteins to help keep you feeling full and satisfied. You can get this dish on the table in 30 minutes so it's a perfect dinner to add to the list of an upcoming busy week.
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 pound lean ground beef turkey, chicken or veggie crumbles
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 6 pitas cut into 6 wedges each
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup unsweetened plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoons dill dried or fresh
- 1 lemon juiced
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Make pita chips by cutting pitas into 6 wedges per pita. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and garlic powder and spread on lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, watching carefully. When done, remove and let cook for approx. 5 minutes before handling.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in skillet over medium heat and brown meat or veggie crumbles. Remove browned meat and set aside.
- Make tzatziki sauce by mixing together yogurt, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper.
- Chop cucumber, tomato, onion, garlic and olives.
- Arrange pita chips on plate, top with meat or substitute, veggies, tzatziki sauce and feta. Enjoy!